"All of man's works intrude upon nature - It is man's obligation to intrude harmoniously."
Alden B. Dow, c. 1958
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
The Spec House for Kelsey Wood in Ionia is about to start! We are really excited about this project. We are building on Unit #13, it has a beautiful view of the 3rd hole green and the 4th hole tee on Shadow Ridge golf course. This is a really must see spec house for Ionia. There is a awsome team of people involved with this project. Adam Bearup from West Michigan Hybrid Homes is one of the leading Green Builders in the State and he will be the Builder of this home. We are also trying to use as many local subs from Ionia as we can for this project to help the local economy there.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
We just found out today from the Home Builders Association of Greater Grand Rapids that our Fall Parade of Homes House with Scott Bronkema Builders won the People’s Choice Award for Best Kitchen, Best Interior Elements, and Best Exterior Elements. The Peoples Choice Awards are designed to honor the outstanding achievements in new home construction, as well as to encourage and generate new ideas in marketing and merchandising based on the response of the general public. Congratulations to Scott Bronkema Builders!!
Monday, November 06, 2006
Some interesting facts we hope you consider when making your energy decisions from our friends at Bauer Power.
- 7 Billion Tons of CO2 is emitted into the atmosphere from the United States every year.
- The average American household emits 15 Tons of CO2 annually, half of which comes from the energy needs of our homes.
- We burn 400% more gas and coal then we need to because 73% of all power generated from US power plants gets lost in transmission.
- If every American household (100 million homes) changed just ONE light bulb to a compact fluorescent, it would be like taking 1 MILLION cars of the road.
- Turning your thermostat down just 3 degrees in the winter & up in 3 degrees in the summer reduces half a TON of CO2 into the atmosphere every year.
- Driving a Hybrid car will reduce your CO2 emissions by 8TONS versus driving an average American car.
So what are you going to do to help make a change?